Reporting to the ICT Manager, the incumbent will be accountable for programming/development, maintenance, and support of the CHIETA systems. The incumbent is also responsible for the development of automated systems for the SETA supportive services across the Business Units within the organisation.
• At least a National Diploma in Information Technology. BSc, BIT or other equivalent qualifications preferred.
• A Project Management Qualification would be advantageous.
• Proven track record with minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
• Certification in the development technologies will be advantageous.
• Experience in SETA Systems will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of and experience with the following:
SQL Server 2012-2019; MySQL 5.6 – 8.0; Database Design
Skills & Behavioural competencies:
• Communication (oral and written)
• Planning and Organisation Skills
• Problem solving skills.
• Diversity awareness
• Ethics, integrity, and professionalism
• Attention to detail.
• Good Teamwork
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
Key Performance Areas:
• Develop systems.
• Capacitate end-users on the modules.
• Provide technical support for the utilisation of modules.
• Allow for testing, support the implementation processes with the sector, correct and/or allow/conduct development work.
• Provide for improvements that may be required of the application and or system.
• Develop automated systems for SETA supportive functions.
• Application of Software Development life cycle and development methodologies.
• Conduct JAD sessions on project status and proposals.
• Work with customers or Business Units on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
• Preparing reports as required.
• Meet goals and targets that are aligned with those of the organization.
• Commit to continuous improvement and ongoing skills development.
CHIETA is an Equal Opportunity Employer therefore, the filling of the position will be in line with its Employment Equity Plan. Suitable candidates recommended may be expected to undergo a professional competency assessment and all shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background checks.
Interested people are invited to submit their CVs by E-mail to email@example.com , on or before closing date: 27 January 2023. CHIETA is committed to the advancement of Employment Equity. Successful applicants will be subjected to background checks and to undertake required assessments
Protection of Personal Information – Employment Candidates
1. CHIETA is a responsible party in terms of the POPI Act of 2013.
2. CHIETA will take all prescribed and reasonable precautions to ensure that your information is safeguarded.
3. By submitting your Curriculum Vitae and any other relevant personal information in respect of this vacancy, you understand and agree that:
a. CHIETA needs to collect, keep and use your personal information in order to evaluate your application for purposes of potential employment opportunities; and
b. CHIETA will only use the information to carry out the necessary recruitment related activities.
4. You therefore give your consent to CHIETA to process your information knowing all of the above and being aware that you can:
a. Withdraw consent at any time.
b. Have the right to request access to your data at any time, in the prescribed form.
c. Have a right to request that your data is corrected and updated, in the prescribed form; and
d. Have the right to complain to the information regulator.
The successful applicant may also be required to disclose his/her financial interest.
CHIETA reserves the right not to make an appointment.