The Developer should have the following skills and competences:
• At least a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSc, BIT or other equivalent qualifications)
• Conversant with the Software Development methodologies, including AGILE methodologies.
• Proven track record with minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
• Certification in the development technologies will be advantageous.
• Experience in SETA Systems will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of and experience with the following:
SQL Server 2012-2019; MySQL 5.6 – 8.0; Database Design.
Skills & Behavioural competencies:
• Communication (oral and written)
• Planning and Organisation Skills
• Problem solving skills.
• Diversity awareness
• Ethics, integrity, and professionalism
• Attention to detail.
• Good Teamwork
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
Key Performance Areas:
• Develop systems.
• Capacitate end-users on the modules.
• Provide technical support for the utilisation of modules.
• Allow for testing, support the implementation processes with the sector, correct and/or allow/conduct development work.
• Provide for improvements that may be required of the application and or system.
• Develop automated systems for SETA supportive functions.
• Application of Software Development life cycle and development methodologies.
• Conduct JAD sessions on project status and proposals.
• Work with customers or Business Units on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
• Preparing reports as required.
• Meet goals and targets that are aligned with those of the organization.