WSP/ATR Requests For Extensions
The world faces one of its greatest threats to human life brought about by the COVID – 19. The World Health Organisation (WHO) declared the Coronavirus outbreak to be a global pandemic and South Africa subsequently declared it a National Disaster. This led to an unprecedented nationwide lockdown to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
On 26 March 2020, our President Cyril Ramaphosa announced the enforcement of a nationwide lockdown for 21 days. On 9 April 2020, our president extended the lockdown until end April 2020. We realise that stakeholders are facing extreme challenges and difficulties during these unprecedented
In compliance with the Disaster Management Act ( Act No.57 of 2002) and related regulations the Department of Higher Education Science and Technology (DHEST) released the SETA Covid-19 Guidelines and among many provisions, provides for remote support of employers in relation to Workplace Skills Plans (WSPs) submission. The guidelines also provided for an extension of the date of submission to 31 May 2020 as provided by the Skills Development Levies Act (SDLA).
To that effect the CHIETA has provided for an extension for stakeholders who require it, but to ensure consistency with
related Acts, Regulations and Directives stakeholders that require an extension are requested to formally communicate to CHIETA requesting such. Stakeholders can be assured that the COVID – 19 pandemic and the subsequent impact on working arrangements provides a good reason for CHIETA to approve extension requests.
It is against this background that we provide some guidelines to those that may need to apply for an extension for a maximum period of 1 month.
Guidelines for WSP/ATR extension requests
1. Apply in writing using your company letterhead by latest 15h00 on 30 April 2020; or
2. Send an email if you are unable to use the company letterhead during this time.
3. Please state company details, levy number/s and contact details.
4. Please state reason for extension. Impact of Covid – 19 will be acceptable.
5. Please send request to your relevant Regional Skills advisor or Regional Office administrator.
6. CHIETA Governing Board will meet on the 8 May 2020 to consider these requests.
7. CHIETA will inform you with regards to the outcome of your request for extension on the 8 May 2020.
Regional offices will continue to assist you via your respective Regional Skills Advisors and Administrators. Please direct your queries to your respective Regional Office on the emails listed below:
1. KZN : bmaetisa@Chieta.org.za
2. EC : spotberg@Chieta.org.za
3. WC : FNenemba@Chieta.org.za and dmentoor@Chieta.org.za
4. GP : email@example.com
Please log all technical support queries on:
Alternatively kindly send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanking you in advance.