Layla Hasan Hasen has Great Plans to Put her Stamp on the Health and Beauty Industry
Hailing from Johannesburg, we are excited to introduce to another amazing women entrepreneur, Layla Hasan Hasen, Founder and Director of Azrah Naturals who is also a CHIETA beneficiary in support of her business endeavours. She has great plans to take over the health and beauty industry with her natural products and her business acumen. For International Women’s Day we wanted her to share her story, to inspire other up-and-coming young women.
This is her story.
- What is the name of your business and what product or services do you provide?
- The name of the business is Azrah Naturals and we specialise in making natural skin and hair care products.
- What inspired you to pursue a business in the chemical industries?
- Growing up – my mother used to make her own concoctions and that really inspired me. She taught me about herbs and their benefits and now I am using that knowledge to help other people to look after their skin and their hair.
- How did you find out about the opportunities that exist through the CHIETA?
- A friend who was studying at UJ in 2019 sent me a leaflet about the CHIETA/UJ Programme and the rest as they say is history.
- What kind support did you receive from the CHIETA?
- They provided us with training on how to grow our businesses through their Small Business Enrichment Programme at UJ.
- How has the programme from CHIETA helped you in your business?
- It has helped grow our business through a business turnaround strategy that afforded me the opportunity to get Faithful to Nature to sell more of our products on their platforms.
- Who are some women that inspire you and why?
- Ms Ntombenhle Khathwane; Linda Gieskes Mwamba and Portia M – these ladies have shown that dreams do become a reality, if you work hard.
- What advice would you give to other young women who want to start a business in the chemical industries?
- I would say that they should be passionate about what they want to do and should not be afraid to ask for help. Organisations like Chemin and CHIETA are there to help.
- What are your future plans for your business?
- I would like to see Azrah Naturals grow into a big sustainable business and to have our products to sold by big retailers like Dischem and Clicks.